Sorry Jon, but that's not what i wrote (or wanted to imply).  I wrote that this is not very surprising and then tried to take this issue a bit further by referring to an article in the New Yorker about the style of McCain's campaign, which can be described as open.
Manuel

2008/4/10, Jon Cloke <[log in to unmask]>:
I'm sorry, calling your wife a "cunt" constitutes openness????

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:56:19 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sex, Gender and the Republicans: meet the new boss, McSame as the old boss
To: [log in to unmask]

Not a very surprising quote, I think. McCain is known to say things without discussing them with his advisors and assistants first. The New Yorker (a pro Obama magazine) run an interesting article on McCain some weeks ago:
It shows how open McCain is about almost anything. But the real benefit is that contrary to Obama's and Clinton's campaign, it seems McCain's (partly resulting from a lack of funding) is not completely staged. At the end of the story he's not the candidate I would vote for (if I'd be allowed to), but his openness is great compared to the campaigns of the other candidates.

--
Manuel

Manuel B. Aalbers, Ph.D.
Center for Sustainable Urban Development
Columbia University
New York