...possibly not a feature either:

I did recently create a molecular system containing a cyclic peptide
(with the N- and C-terminus connected by a peptide bond).

When I enter the peptide sequence in the form ACDEFGH... and tick the
box for "cyclic peptide", the resulting chain is starting with amino
acid 2, i.e. I get the sequence A2-C3-D4-E5... instead of A1-C2-D3-E4...

Is that behaviour intended by analysis?

It's not a problem, as it can easily be corrected by setting the "chain
starts with amino acid number" to 0. But it would be nice if it either
came out correct without having to do that, or if there was a note in
the manual/tutorial/help pages that one has to set the starting number
to zero for cyclic proteins - so that people don't have to do the chain
creation twice, because the first time didn't give the intended result. :)

Cheers,

Horst Joachim Schirra

    / Dr. sc. nat. Horst Joachim Schirra    Phone: (+61)7/3346-2021 /
   / Queensland Smart State Fellow          Fax:  (+61)7/3346-2101 /
  / Institute for Molecular Bioscience                            /
 / University of Queensland           email: [log in to unmask] /
/ Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia   http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqhschir /