Hello,

on the analysis homepage you explain how to install the distribution packages
to link analysis against. The installCode.py locates the files in fedora and
compiles. On this list there are already some posts about additional
subdirs on debian or ubuntu. Setting these paths manually in the
environment.txt works if the dev packages are present and analysis will
compile.

CC = cc
MALLOC_FLAG =
FPIC_FLAG = -fPIC
XOR_FLAG =
CFLAGS = -O $(MALLOC_FLAG) $(FPIC_FLAG) $(XOR_FLAG)
IGNORE_GL_FLAG =
GL_FLAG = -DUSE_GL_FALSE
GLUT_NEED_INIT = -DNEED_GLUT_INIT
GLUT_NOT_IN_GL =
GLUT_FLAG = $(GLUT_NEED_INIT) $(GLUT_NOT_IN_GL)
SHARED_FLAGS = -shared
MATH_LIB = -lm
X11_DIR = /usr
X11_LIB = -lX11 -lXext
X11_INCLUDE_FLAGS = -I$(X11_DIR)/include
X11_LIB_FLAGS = -L$(X11_DIR)/lib
TCL_DIR = /usr
TCL_LIB = -ltcl8.4
TCL_INCLUDE_FLAGS = -I$(TCL_DIR)/include/tcl8.4
TCL_LIB_FLAGS = -L$(TCL_DIR)/lib/tcl8.4
TK_DIR = /usr
TK_LIB = -ltk8.4
TK_INCLUDE_FLAGS = -I$(TK_DIR)/include/tcl8.4
TK_LIB_FLAGS = -L$(TK_DIR)/lib/tcl8.4
PYTHON_DIR = /usr
PYTHON_LIB =
PYTHON_INCLUDE_FLAGS = -I$(PYTHON_DIR)/include/python2.5
PYTHON_LIB_FLAGS = -L$(PYTHON_DIR)/lib/python2.5
GL_DIR = /usr
GL_LIB = -lglut -lGLU -lGL
GL_INCLUDE_FLAGS = -I$(GL_DIR)/include/GL
GL_LIB_FLAGS = -L$(GL_DIR)/lib

But the software does not function correctly if linked against the system
libraries!
For example the formatConverter just hangs without further output while
reading files. I tried Sparky proj files, save files and Cyana upl files.
This happens on fc6, fc8 and ubuntu 7.10, all x64. After compiling the python
tcl/tk tarballs from your homepage and linking analysis against them the file
import works. (On an old opensuse 10 x86 it worked with the system libraries
too.)

If this is hopefully easy to resolve the following completes the instructions
on the download page for ubuntu 7.10:
aptitude install tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev python-dev freeglut3-dev python-tk
build-essential
X11 and GL headers sould already be present after installing the latest
drivers via the envy script:
http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Tolga