Yes, that is a general "problem" with sudo, with the latest version
distributed in OS X.

Briefly, sudo (and I have noticed other programs, like screen) don't
inherit the environment, so

sudo ccp4i

no longer works.

sudo -s

spawns a root shell.

Then you can source the environment file, and then it will all work.

This PITA is supposedly a security enhancement. (Big Brother knows what is
best for you.)

William G. Scott

Contact info:
http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/