Hi Joe,

We have a 32-head Honeybee robot which sets up a 96-well plate with a
single drop per well in ~6 minutes and 3 drops per well at ~9 minutes. A
96-head phoenix or hummingbird-like system is likely going to be faster,
but not by that much. Our robot has its own humidified cabinet and as
long as you keep evaporation under control I don't think set-up speed,
within reason, is that important.

Bart

JOE CRYSTAL wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Does anyone have information about how long it takes to set up a 96-well
> tray for the crystallization robots available?  Besides cost per tray
> and maintenance cost, another important feature we consider is the time
> for setting up a 96-well tray.  It is an important factor since we are
> talking about sub-microliter drops.
>

> Best,
>

> Joe
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Lisa A Nagy <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     Al's Oil on the plates:
>     What a nightmare!!!!!!!
>     The oil creeps up the plate and over the sides. It dissolves adhesives.
>     It makes me say bad words in multiple languages.
>     Bigger drops + no oil = fewer bad words.
>
>     Lisa
>     --
>     Lisa A. Nagy, Ph.D.
>     University of Alabama-Birmingham
>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Bart Hazes (Assistant Professor)
Dept. of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-15 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada, T6G 2H7