Dear All,

Does anyone know if you can prevent the deduction of points in multiple answer questions in a test?  We use BB 7.3 but information on other versions would be useful as well.  The default is that any incorrect answers are deducted from the number of correct choices in a multiple answer question.

From the online manual it appeared that the extra credit function would do this but it doesn’t.  According to the manual: ‘This option allows the Instructor to make the questions an extra credit questions as opposed to a regular question. If this option is selected points are added to the score if the questions is answered correctly; no points are taken away if the questions is answered incorrectly.’  Certainly does not do that automatically as far as I can tell.  Can anyone shed any light on what ‘extra credit’ actually does and how it works?

Any responses much appreciated.

Regards Richard

Richard Deswarte

Learning Technologist

Learning Technologies Group

Centre for Staff and Educational Development (CSED)

University of East Anglia

Tel. (01603) 593237