Advisor - Senior Advisor
Wellington

•       Connect with people across government
•       Take on a new challenge
•       Work in a supportive and collaborative environment

Archives New Zealand, Te Rua Mahara o te Kâwanatanga, is looking for people to join our teams in Appraisal and the Government Recordkeeping Programme.

As an Advisor / Senior Advisor, you will play a key role in encouraging sound creation and management of government records in New Zealand and safeguarding the archives of the future within the framework of the Public Records Act 2005.
The work you will be doing involves connecting with people across central and local government to support good recordkeeping. Depending on your strengths, you may be responsible for advising the Chief Archivist on appraisal decisions, writing new publications, supporting establishment of audits, or analysing digital recordkeeping issues.
We are looking for people who can show:
•       Communication and relationship management skills
•       Analytical, research and report writing skills
•       Interest in digital information management
•       A recordkeeping qualification and/or experience would be highly desirable.

In exchange, we can offer you the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment in a well regarded organisation. We are willing to consider a part-time appointment for the right person.

For more information about these positions, please contact:
Evelyn Wareham, Manager, Government Recordkeeping Programme on +64 4 495-6237 or [log in to unmask] or
Denise Williams, Manager, Appraisal on +64 4 495-6225 or [log in to unmask]

The application pack and position description are available online at http://www.archives.govt.nz/workanz/vacancies.php or by contacting Donna Jamieson on +64 4 894-6091.

Completed applications must be received by Human Resources, Archives New Zealand, PO Box 12-050, Wellington or via email at [log in to unmask] by 5pm, 24 April 2008.

Archives New Zealand has a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
He kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi ta Te Rua Mahara o te Kawanatanga

* * *

Evelyn Wareham
Manager, Government Recordkeeping Programme

Archives New Zealand
Te Rua Mahara o te Kâwanatanga
Ph: 04 495 6237
Mobile: 021 799 349
Fax: 04 495 6210
PO Box 12 050, 10 Mulgrave St
Wellington, New Zealand
Keeper of the Public Record - the Memory of Government

This e-mail message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL to the addressee(s) and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  If you are not the intended addressee, please do not use, disclose, copy or distribute the message or the information it contains.  Instead, please notify me as soon as possible and delete the e-mail, including any attachments.  Thank you.