Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to start all this!

On the bright side, at least we can be certain that we're not going to be
a target for gold-diggers - not unless they've completely lost the plot!

Claire

Claire Harrington
Principal Archivist/Y Prif Archifydd
01244 532414

Jon Trelfer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Archivists, conservators and records managers."
24/04/2008 15:50
Please respond to
Jon Trelfer <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Expensive tastes

Bravo Kate! I could not agree with you more.

I was not attacking archivists and did not mean to be seen to degrade
their intelligence, hard work and skills.

I was merely trying to say that which Kate put across so well. As I know
quite a few archaeologists, librarians, academics, some teachers and the
likes, that are all in similar situations to that of the archivist
community. Most of whom also, as Kate said, do what they do, not
necessarily for monetary recognition, or even any public recognition, but
because it is something that they had a passion about, an interest in, and
something that they wanted to do.

I?m not interested in archiving because of the money, but because of what
it is, as an alternative and complimentary aspect to my interest in
learning about the past, and helping and teaching others to do so, as I
do.

As for the average wage, I would like to know where the government get
that from, as very few people I know are any where near that.

Jon