Dear collegues,

I have been asked to enquire on the question of valuation and insurance in archives and museums. We are responsible for the National Co-operative Archive and the Rochdale Pioneers Museum.

I would like to know how a unique, and therefore irreplaceable collection can be valued and insured. I would also like to know what special storage methods, if any are put into place for especially valueable items, for example if they are stored off site.

I would be grateful for any replies, off list please, and will compile any findings and circulate them.

Thanks

Sophie

Contact Details:
Sophie Stewart,
Assistant Archivist,
The Co-operative College
Holyoake House, Hanover Street, Manchester M60 0AS
Tel:       0161 246 2937
Fax:      0161 246 2946
College Web Site:
www.co-op.ac.uk

If you would like to receive the College's newsletter Co-operative Learning Matters please click on the link http://www.co-op.ac.uk/subscribe.asp

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, the Co-operative College disclaim all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies.

Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message is strictly prohibited without the prior permission of the author.