Bonjour Fanny!
I have tree ferns sections pictures (Cyathaceae), I'll send them to you, but doesn't really look like it I think though mine are all charred
I do have primitive wood types too and don't look like that either, can send you some pictures too (Amborella, and I also have Araucaria that you might have in some parts of South America, though not the same sp), if you want?
Bonne chance!

Fanny Moutarde <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :
Dear members of the list,
We are working on the determination of an artefact made of wood, coming from
a peruvian archaeological site. The conservation is very bad so it's very
dificult to get good cuts. I attach to this mail the best foto I could take
of the transversal cut. Apparently, what we see is an alternance of very
short rays and parenchyma o sclerenchyma cells. We haven't notice presence
of vessels. It seems to be a very primitive wood (if it's a wood). Does
anyone have already see such anatomical structures? We are also looking for
histological cuts of tree ferns, such as Cycadaceae, to see if it looks like
that.
We hope this foto will record something to somebody.
Thanks by advance.
Fanny Moutarde