Dear All,

As a medical statistician working in a school for health I find that
colleagues frequently ask for help on statistical issues (often of a fairly
low level).  This is obviously an intrusion and whilst not wishing to appear
unhelpful I am trying to come up with some 'rules of engagement' that would
enable me to still be approachable and helpful but not overly burdened with
inappropriate questions. .  I suspect that I am not alone in having this
dilemma.  I was therefore wondering if anyone has any 'rules of engagement'
that they would mind sharing with me?

Many thanks,

Gordon Taylor