Dear colleagues,

Like me, I expect some of you in England are busy checking your HEFCE Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ) data and making amendments for the 2nd May deadline.

We'll also be reviewing our planning, admissions and enrolment procedures for 2008-09 and beyond to ensure that we have embedded ELQ funding rules into the process.

We anticipate many detailed issues about how we handle both the data and fees/fundability information.

I hope that there will be a willingness within the sector to share information, ideas and discuss how we, managers and administrators, are doing this.  Rather than clog up existing lists, particularly for those lucky souls in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who do not have to deal with this, I have set up a specific jiscmail list to exchange more detailed information about ELQs.  This is specifically for 'administrators' dealing with ELQ monitoring and funding consequences not intended to be a general discussion list.  It will be a restricted list, so I am only looking for representatives of student records/registries, planning and admissions offices, or similar to join.

The listname is admin-elq.  As with all jiscmail lists you can ask to join it either through the web www.jiscmail.ac.uk or by sending an e-mail
to: [log in to unmask]

with the following in the message:

subscribe admin-elq FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

I hope some of you will choose to join and we can get a good exchange of information about this.

I've sent this e-mail to the admin-planning and admin-student lists, but if you think there any other lists where there might be interest, eg admissions practitioners, please feel free to forward.

I've got a list of issues that have arisen from our checking to start the discussions off, so I hope we can start sharing by the middle of next week.

Kind regards

Mike Milne-Picken
University Centre Registrar
Bradford College