Dear colleague,

You may already have heard or read about our ‘Innovate to Integrate’ event on 26 June 2008 at Glasgow Caledonian University. We also now have a website and blog in the build up to the event and we hope that you will join us, not only on the day itself, but prior to this by engaging in the debate.  A flyer is attached for your information. Booking details can be accessed at:

http://www.gcal.ac.uk/odonline/InnovatetoIntegrate.html

‘Innovate to Integrate’ will be an equality and diversity event with a difference; it will showcase innovative and creative ways of promoting equality and diversity and best practice in embedding the agenda from across different sectors. The general themes will be the ‘hidden’ equality and diversity strands (e.g. mental health, religion and belief, age) which do not usually get the same coverage or exposure as the more established strands.

Many of the more traditional events and conferences in these subject area tend to focus on establishing what the barriers are facing particular groups, or take a ‘PowerPoint’ approach to explaining the legislation. These methods are undoubtedly essential, but this event aims to make a potentially ‘dry’ topic,’ lively and inspiring. We have now secured the following additional contributors which will ensure a packed agenda of valuable learning opportunities from across the different sectors.  Contributors include:

·         Morag Alexander – Commissioner - Equality and Human Rights Commission

·         Pat Davers – BBC

·         Assistant Chief Constable John Neilson – Strathclyde Police

·         Scottish Association for Mental Health

·         Julie Wade – National Australia Group - Diversity Manager

I hope that you can join us for what promises to be an interesting and engaging event. For further information, or to discuss further, contact Jane Kelsey, Organisational Development,  0141 273 1312 [log in to unmask] and Adrian Lui, Equality and Diversity Adviser, 0141 273 1356 [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Adrian

Adrian Lui

Equality and Diversity Adviser