Message
Richard said...
 " Maybe while we are all thinking about this issue we could also try to stimulate analyser manufacturers and computer system developers (if there are any embedded in the computer sales companies) to think about reporting to a fixed number of significant figures.  "

Fortunately we have a semi-in house developed LIS that converts our results to significant figures. This saves much embarrassment with PSA and hCG results. Its called LABSYS their website is www.globaldirection.com

Regards,

Greg Watts (M.Sc. M.A.)
Deputy Director - Pathology
Sydney Adventist Hospital

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/