I would like to introduce Rose Marie Barrientos to our community.
We've met on many occasions over the last three years in Zurich and
Paris as she became a good friend and sort of an informal advisor to
etoy due to her vast knowledge of art companies:

Rose Marie Barrientos spent several years in the corporate world
before dedicating full-time to art history. During her student years
(Sorbonne University), she worked as liaison agent for a group of
U.S. shareholders in a French telecom firm, an experience that
confronted her simultaneously to art and business, and naturally lead
her to probe the relationship between the two spheres. For her
master's degree, Rose Marie studied business participation in the art
world through corporate art collection practices. Her doctoral
research, currently underway, considers the "other side of the coin",
namely, artistic interventions in the economic sphere. Her thesis
focuses on art with economic content and, more specifically, on
critical companies, a term she has coined to designate artistic
systems that use the corporate model and contemporary economic
phenomena as raw material.

Rose Marie worked at the International Council of Museums (ICOM),
gaining understanding of the institutional aspects of art, and, as
inveterate "art fair-trotter", conducted extensive research on its
market mechanisms. She also contributed to the launching of Iconomix,
a publication covering art and economy issues. She presently works as
logistics agent for several artists operating in this field, and co-
directs Art & Flux, a research line lead by artist and professor Yann
Toma at CERAP-Sorbonne (Center for studies and research on art).

Rose Marie can be reached at: [log in to unmask]

amitiés.
stefan
http://www.etoy.com/blog/