I'm wondering if it might be possible to engage in some co-research stimulated by Louise's
question:

How do I break free from the traditional scholarship model as a PhD student?

If Louise thinks that it is OK I'd like to research alongside her as she develops her research
programme.

Because I work with Foucault's idea of Power/Knowledge I don't believe that I can break free from
the pressures of constraining influences in our cultures - in the sense of becoming independent
from them -  but that I can be aware of these influences in seeking to transcend them. It might
seem paradoxical but I also value insights from traditional scholarship at the same time as
seeking to transcend its limitations. So I'd like to research my question, 'How do I work to
transcend the constraints of traditional scholarship while benefitting from some of its insights in
the creation of my living educational theory?'

I'd also like to research alongside Louise and others who like the idea of seeing if we could engage
in some co-research, with an action research project that uses the practice of transformative
storytelling to inspire our own active citizenship and to contribute to the active citizenship of
others.

This focus emerged from Louise's focus on the practice of transformative storytelling to inspire
active citizenship paper:

"This paper describes an action research project that used the practice of transformative
storytelling to inspire active citizenship with one preparatory class (5-6 year olds) in an Australian
public school."

I've checked with Louise to see if it is OK to start a new thread with her question: How do I break
free from the traditional scholarship model as a PhD student?  and it is.  I'll start a new thread (4)
with Louise's question to see if there is any interest in researching alongside each other around
issues stimulated by Louise's question and paper.

Love Jack