Hi Sylvia,

I think that there is some uncertainty about the introduction of rabbits now. Hasn’t someone fairly recently found butchered rabbit in Roman contexts? Sorry I don’t have any references to this but if anyone does have more information, or can confirm that Roman rabbits are an unfounded rumour I would also be interested.

Fay

Fay Worley

Zooarchaeologist

English Heritage