Hi,
I also would say that it's rather an upper bear canine (it's size could correspond to a black bear (Ursus americanus), although the archaeological specimen is apparently a bit shorter compared to a black bear canine from our collection which is almost 7 cm long).
The oval cross section and wrinkled distal (root) end is in my experience more characteristic for bears and not so much for felines, which have a much more rounded cross section (upper canines) and do not show so much "wrinkles".
The 'modified' part of the crown could be of natural origin, actually our bear canine does show a similar abrasion, apparently as an effect of the occlusion with the lower canine.
Greetings,
Chris