From: Sarah Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 28 March, 2008 2:23:29 PM
Subject: Re: An Invitation to our Mentoring and Coaching SIG Conference

Dear All

Options time!  Do let me know asap which you prefer if you wish to attend:

We have 5th provisionally booked at Bailbrook House for our SIG Conference -
I am delighted 3 presenters can now come from the Bristol Coaching Exchange.

Several members of this list and the BERA TEACHER RESEARCHER list have said
they are interested in coming on that day and awaiting a decision from me
about whether or not to run then. The problem that we have is that Rosalind
and Roger (key authors/VIPs who expressed in our publication) can't come.

So - we could go for the 5th - with presentations on life coaching and how
we can use Appreciative Enquiry and action research with multi media &amp;amp; ICT
to assist learning plus my paper on technology enabled research mentoring
(you can see a paper developing quicker than watching paint dry if you keep
logging into the homepage of http://www.TeacherResearch.net until 31 March)
plus 'live' research mentoring assisting Fatma with her MA research project

Alternatively we can opt for a completely different set up (I like this one
too!) I have just rung Bailbrook House and have negotiated our conference on
Friday 11th (provisionally booked) with overnight accommodation at the venue
(includes breakfast and Bath is THE most expensive place in England to stay)
for £85 single and £99 double room occupancy. I am running a session about
mentoring and coaching all day on 12th and we can run over into that event.
I would invite my colleagues from the Bristol Coaching Exchange and Fatma to
participate on 11th and/or 12th and other list and SIG members can join us.

Looking forward to hearing from you - do we go for 5th or 11th/12th please?

Having fun!

Sarah