As part of their regional workshop programme, Netskills will be delivering the following workshops at Manchester University this April:

1. Blogs, Wikis & Social Networking, 22nd April
As the world wide web moves into another exciting phase, sometimes called Web 2.0, it has never been easier to publish and access information online. Blogs and wikis offer simple, DIY, interactive publishing, while new social software tools enable collaboration online, whether sharing cutting edge research, CVs or holiday snaps. But is this just the latest craze or does it have the potential to revolutionise online information?

2. Podcasting: A Practical Guide, 23rd April
Producing a podcast is simple, but producing a podcast that people will listen to and subscribe to takes a bit more know-how. What makes a good podcast? What equipment do you need? How do publish your podcast?

This workshop provides a practical guide to the planning, production and publishing of effective podcasts that will engage listeners. Participants will have the opportunity to evaluate a range of podcasts, as well as record, edit and publish a podcast.

3. CSS: Techniques, Tips & Tactics, 24th April
The current generation of web browsers offer greater potential for delivering  creative, engaging web content and CSS provides you with a huge range of techniques with which to exploit this. Yet learning how and when to use CSS creatively with your own content is often a challenging prospect.

How many times have you looked at a web page and thought, "How did they do that?" or perhaps, "I'm sure I could do that, but I don't know where to start"? Have you ploughed through a multitude of online examples and still struggled to see how they apply to your design?

This new workshop will consider a range of common CSS-based web site design ideas and the concepts that underpin them. You will explore several practical, CSS techniques that can be easily employed on your site and also consider a simple planning process to help you work creatively and stay organised.

For further information about these and all of Netskills workshops please visit:

www.netskills.ac.uk/workshops

These workshops can also support our BTEC-accredited qualifications:

www.netskills.ac.uk/accreditation

Regards

Jamie Stogden
Netskills