Stuff in the psychomachia tradition such as the original Psychomachia by Prudentius or Bunyan's Holy War (which may not be short).  I think Phineas Fletcher's Purple Island, after going through the bodily parts (as is done in the first part of Alma's castle), has a battle of virtues and vices.
Dick Hardin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List on behalf of Ty Buckman
Sent: Fri 3/28/2008 4:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Renaissance catalogues of virtues and vices

Spenser comrades,

I am designing a research paper assignment for an epics course and am in
need of some period sources that offer commentary on virtues and vices.
Any suggestions for shorter treatises, catechisms, sermons, etc. that
treat any combination of virtues or vices would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Ty Buckman
Wittenberg University
Springfield, Ohio