Apologies for cross-posting

Coming soon!

  A NAG Seminar in Perth

The Electronic Supply Chain: Turning Potential into Reality

 A K Bell Library, Perth

 Thursday May 1st 2008

Fed up with London-based courses and seminars?

The National Acquisitions Group is bringing its important spring seminar to Scotland.

Staged in support of the high-profile e4Libraries project - funded by the MLA, run by BIC (Book Industry Communication) and due to report in May 2008 – our seminar (also to be held in London and York) focuses on the real gains in cost savings, workflow efficiency and speed of supply which can be realised by a fully electronic supply chain, and on current barriers to its implementation.

Other authorities are already registering. Make sure you don't miss out ....

●         NAG members £125 + VAT

●         Non-members £175 + VAT

To celebrate NAG's first seminar in Scotland we are also offering for this event only a special one-off membership deal:

●        Apply to join NAG at the booking stage and receive

the member's rate of £125 + VAT for the seminar AND

a special taster rate of £65 for a full year of membership

Note: non-members pay the standard rate of £175 + VAT

Please contact us to book or find out more about our special membership offer and the benefits of joining NAG - access to our web site and news pages, the summer and winter issues of Taking Stock, member rates at any future events including Conference 2008,  publication discounts and much more!

What's happening in Perth ...

EDI - Orders, Quotes, Reports, Acknowledgements, Fulfilment, Invoices! Electronic Payments Interfaces!

How do you make sense of it all?

●        Learn from authorities which are successfully implementing the e-enabled supply chain and reaping significant benefits in terms of cost savings, streamlined workflows and speed of supply

●        Leading LMS suppliers - DS, Infor, SirsiDynix, TALIS  - speaking with selected Scottish library partners including  North Lanarkshire, Glasgow, Highlands

●        Tim Cotterall (Askews) – the library supplier's view

●        Eric Green (BDS, e4Libraries Steering Group) – keynote

●        Discussion groups

COURSE AIMS

This practical session will allow delegates to:

*	examine the standards which underpin electronic commerce
*	learn from leading practitioners across a range of library authorities – each in partnership with a different Library Management System supplier
*	identify the key elements in successful implementations of a fully electronic supply chain
*	identify what is required to facilitate their own implementation of the e-supply chain
*	learn more about e4Libraries and put their views to members of the project team

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

All library and IT staff with a responsibility for developing and implementing EDI processes; middle and senior management; those liaising with LMS suppliers; financial systems managers etc.

Please check the NAG website  <http://www.nag.org.uk/> www.nag.org.uk for the latest information on these seminars.

Make a booking using our online form http://www.nag.org.uk/events/registration.php

Don’t delay, come and join us, places will be limited.

Jane Butler

Administrator

National Acquisitions Group

01924 383010