TWELFTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE

ON THE LITERATURE OF REGION AND NATION.

University of Aberdeen,

Wednesday 30 July - Saturday 2 August 2008

Third Circular.

AT LAST, the online facilities for the conference are in place.  The web address is http://www.abdn.ac.uk/RNLA/ ; and links from there will take you to the academic programme and the online registration and booking facility.  Be warned that the latter is not very user-friendly: contact me directly if there are any difficulties.  University accommodation should be booked SOON: though it may be possible to accept later bookings, you would be well advised to regard April 30 as a deadline.

Please note the following changes to the information given in the Second Circular.  First, the full conference fee of £150 will include not only the academic sessions, the Tuesday evening reception and morning and afternoon coffees on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but also lunches on those days, the informal literary and musical evening and the ceilidh: that is, everything except the final banquet (additional charge £30) and the excursion (charge to be announced).  Second, regrettably, we have had to set the student fee at £100 - as for accompanying persons - instead of the £75 stated in the registration document: apologies for this, but we hope it will be offset by the fact that you are getting more for your money than was originally planned.  Third, the evening events have been re-arranged as follows:

Wednesday 30 July: informal literary and musical evening.

Friday 1 August:  ceilidh.

Saturday 2 August: conference banquet.

There is still room for a few more papers in the academic programme; though as you will see, it is very full and very enticing!  Late offers will be considered until April 30.

Further communications will be sent only to speakers and other registered delegates.  All best wishes, and I look forward to seeing you in Aberdeen in four months' time!

            Yours sincerely,

J. Derrick McClure.