Sharon - I like it a lot. It has a tribal feel, yet has original phrasing
with a modern sensibility - eg, 'the balance of the year' used in more than
accountancy terms. The internal rhymes were effective, too, although
'tipping / your wing toward spring' is perhaps a little too facile.

Andrew

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/