Intriguing use of "*"  After two readings I can't quite figure their relation to quotation marks.  Line
8 is really something--I might like to treat it or quote it in the future.  Who should I cite?

My 89 year old mother almost got clipped yesterday by a METRO bus while we were crossing the
main drag of Bethesda Maryland to get to a major gallery exhibition mounted by Osuna Art of the
Washington Color School painter Howard Mehring.  That near-miss forced me to adopt a
performative stance towards reality in which I have a camera in hand with finger on the live
trigger--overtly focused on the drivers & vehicles impatient to turn into well-marked crosswalks.
Stops 'em in their tracks.  Deters panhandlers as well, when you're walking thus on sidewalks.

Barry