Thieves are very active in the used & rare book business.  Early yesterday morning (cold, rainy, &
muddy conditions), I discovered that a thief had taken all the art, architecture, & photo books I
had initially chosen from a table at a used book sale sited within a very affluent neighborhood
nearby.  Having thrown those 4 items in my double-bagged canvas bags with handles (the book
business equivalent of a briefcase), I left the bags with my usually reliable scout and rushed off to
the collectible table in search of OZ.  Our mistake was not padlocking our acquisitions in an army
duffle bag, which we've observed as common practice at the Smith College alumni book sale in
Towson Maryland.

I did acquire a $20 bill which had been used as a bookmark in the seventies by the initial reader
of the copy of Merleau-Ponty's "Sense and Non-Sense" I picked at the same sale.

Book thieves have been put out of business when I've snapped their photo and then made copies
for area bookstores to post, so employees can demand that the thieves leave as soon as they
enter.  I can provide detail about a junkie "poet" whom Mayor "Bitch set me up" protected when
bookstores attempted to press theft charges against him.

Barry