 We have good news.

Since poetryetc began in 1997, there have been themes and special poet's
postings, a thousand and one Snaps written, and a trillion postings, many
carrying drafts of poems from their author to the critical eyes of the
forever-changing membership. And so it was ordained by our founder, John
Kinsella, Australian poet then ensconced in Cambridge University.

I have long wished for an anthology based on the works of this diverse
coterie, and so have pursued the matter a couple of times before. This time,
with the blessings of Joe and Anny, I have gone ahead and rounded-up a team
to help this dream come true: Candice Ward has accepted the challenging post
as Editor, selecting and shaping the collection; I will be Managing Editor,
dealing with practical matters; Peter Ciccariella has agreed to be book
designer and cover illustrator; and a publisher (who at this stage wishes to
remain anonymous) is presently counting his beans to see if it is feasible
for him to publish it. We would also like a Marketing Manager if anyone is
willing to put their hand up for that role.

So, we are asking you to submit up to four poems, in a Word document only,
to Candice Ward <[log in to unmask] and myself [log in to unmask] before 31
May 2008. We would prefer unpublished recent poems and/or translations;
however, published poems are acceptable if you own or have copyright
clearance on a worldwide basis. If they have appeared on poetryetc or your
personal blog, that is not a worry.

We are endeavouring to gauge realistic print run numbers, so an indication
with your submission of how many copies you would like to buy above your
complimentary one would be appreciated. The recommended retail price will be
around $US25.
Early submissions are welcome, accompanied by biographical detail of
approximately 50 words.

Please write in the subject area: p'etc anthology submission.

I thank Candice and Peter for coming on board this project so willingly, and
can tell all members - active and lurking - that we are excited about this
anthology appearing this year.

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/