Antisemitism runs through many of Pound's later Cantos, not so much in
explicit insults directed at Jews (though those exist) as in the pervasive
cant of anti-usury ramblings. Wendy Flory, writing in *The Cambridge
Companion to Ezra Pound*, counts only three instances of antisemitism in the
Pisan Cantos, though she counts only direct insults, not passages in which
anti-Jewish sentiments are merely assumed. She is also careful to couch
Pound's antisemitism in terms of psychosis.

jd

--
Joseph Duemer
Professor of Humanities