I thought fuck-up was a prime requirement for being an artist.
Flippancy aside, does an artist's CV really affect the way one reads
their work? What accommodation does one make in dealing with an
"unpleasant" poet?

On a side-note, does Pound's anti-semitism actually make it to his
work? I've read that a case can be made for Wagner's anti-semitism
being embedded in his operas, each a propagandist piece but Pound?

I suppose as well that we could sit pretty and deny that anti-semitism
(or whatever nastiness you care to mention) does not exist. Baraki's
words may not be to our taste, still, they deserve an hearing as much
as the next poet's. I do not validate his anti-semitism (which I'm
failing to spell, sadly), but to look at whatever nightmare he has in
the face, acknowledge it's existence, see if it is reflected within
and try and find a way out.

Roger

--
My Stuff: http://www.badstep.net/
"She went out with her paint box, paints the chapel blue