----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Barbour" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: two poems

> Yoicks, Fred, especially on that possibility of Moose Jaw. But the  irony
> continues to hit home....
>
> Not really sure the Klan still survives there; were you Googling thru
> time, the 1920s? Now it's just as malled as anywhere else (in Canada  or
> the US) (& dont forget, our 'new government,' the Conservatives,  slaver
> after copying the Republicans, god help us)...
>
> Thoroughly enjoyed, of course, whatever...
>
> Doug

I got very involved in the research.  What struck me is how long-established
the Klan is in that part of Saskatchewan, especially in surrounding rural
areas, generation after generation.  News articles indicate that it has
increased membership and visibility - not just on the Web - with the
economic downturn.  Horribly depressing. --- Didn't McCain address a meeting
of Canada's Conservatives a while back?