Hello
the college where i am based deals runs pre nursing courses (something
like a cadet scheme). The students are between 16 and 18 years old and go
on clinical placement within hospitals. We are expecting that this years
students will not have been vaccinated against TB. They slip between every
net.
Their GPs wont offer TB screening/vaccination as it is an occupational
need.They are not employed. Their placement site wont offer vaccine as
they are not employed. The current service provider (an NHS plus site) may
not be able to continue with the service due to an anticipated increase in
their workload in their trust.they will still be able to t spot test them
but potentially wont be able to follow up with vaccines, so i am looking
at alternate approaches.I know that ultimately this may be a service that
we have to offer however i want to explore all options.

Are there any companies out there who offer vaccination service (like flu)
for TB?

Jacqui

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk