My name is Charlotte and I am a final year midwifery degree student who is
in the middle of her dissertation.

I have chosen water birth as my topic and having carried out an extensive
electronic and hand search of the literature I have decided to focus my
literature review upon what is preventing women from birthing in water. I
have found a great deal of research regarding the benefits of water birth
and its 'safety' yet I can find very little on the subject of the midwives
role and perspective on water birth. From my own clinical experience I am
aware that midwives play an essential role in the promotion and uptake of
water birth yet I am having difficulty finding anything on this interesting
aspect from a research perspective.

It is for this reason that I am writing to you to see if anyone has any
interesting thoughts or ideas on this subject. Any opinions or advice would
be much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you,

Charlotte.