You misunderstood: You say, you study the medieval period. Then do it - and ask, what they thought about, not what a modern man does.
Take the unicorn: Everybody knows, that it does not exist. Realyy everybody? Medieval people were convincet, that they exist. If you deal with them, you must take them seriously. That's my point, and for this it's no use, that I know, that there was never a beast like an unicorn.
yours

Am 25.03.2008 um 19:43 schrieb V. Kerry Inman:
medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture I sorry, I don't follow you. I am a modern. I study the medieval period. I am interested in whether or not the relics are true. Am I offending someone's religion by saying that at the very least most of them look like frauds? Does this really offend people? Seriously, I don't know anyone like this, yet the discussion on this list seems to be like a debate over whether God exists or not?

V. K. Inman

From: [log in to unmask]

Dear friends,
Thank you for the interesting discussion, but the question of "true" or "false" concernig relics is a modern one and not historical, at least not medieval.
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site:http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html