From: "Carlo Valdameri" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:30 PM
Subject: [M-R] Medieval comments on harrowing the hell.

Dear members of the list.
I write from Italy and I have an amatourish interest in medieval
iconography.
Now I'm trying to write an article about a medieval sculpture showing the
Harrowing the hell.
So, I'm looking for medieval comments on this themathic and I know that a
few of them are quoted in J. A. MacCulloch, "The Hrrowing of Hell"
Edinburgh, 1930, pp. 83 e ss.
Unfortunately, as far as it seems, the book of  MacCulloch cannot be found
in italian libraries and not even on the web.
Could anybody give me suggestions about how to find the book, or where else
I can find medieval comments on Harrowing the Hell?
Thank you in advance for any help you will be so kind as to give me.
Best
Carlo Valdameri

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]