John I am now back home.  I agree that Eubel is rare (I had to sit in the
'special' part of the National Library of Scotland to read it the other day)
but Emden and the Handbook of British Chronology should be available at most
good reference libraries.  Emden is now out of print and exorbitant to buy
second hand but HBC is still available for £53 from Cambridge University
Press and £38 from Amazon.  As it lists all known (3rd edn 1986) kings,
office holders, bishops, lords, parliaments, convocations, etc I find it
invaluable to have by my desk and even felt able to buy it as an
impoverished postgraduate.  I also bought the modern edition of Le Neve's
Fasti which the Institute of Historical Research was selling very cheaply
some years ago - they are now available for £20 a volume but their indexes
are on History On-Line (www.history.ac.uk).

If you would like me to send you a copy of the pages on suffragans (5) from
HBC, I can try to send them as an email attachment (if I can scan them) or
send a photocopy by post.  Let me know.  By the way, HBC lists Bottlesham as
bishop 'Navatensis' - but does not identify the diocese.

I have also checked the RHS bibliography (www.rhs.ac.uk/bibl) and it
produced the following articles (the first of which may very well answer all
your questions - or may not as is the nature of things academic):

Butler, Lawrence A. S. 'Suffragan bishops in the medieval diocese of York'.
Northern History, 37 (2000), 49-60. Publisher: Maney. ISSN 0078172X.

O'Connor, Donal. 'Eugenius, bishop of Ardmore and Suffragan at Lichfield
(1184-5)'. Decies: Journal of the Waterford Archaeological & Historical
Society, 60 (2004), 71-90.

Smith, David M. (David Michael). 'Suffragan bishops in the medieval diocese
of Lincoln'. Lincolnshire History and Archaeology, 17 (1982), 17-27. ISSN
04594487.

Smith, David M. (David Michael). 'The episcopate of Richard, bishop of St.
Asaph : a problem of twelfth century chronology'. Publications of the
Historical Society of the Church in Wales, 24 (1974), 9-12.

Dahlerup, Troels. 'Orkney Bishops as Suffragans in the Scandinavian-Baltic
Area : an aspect of the late medieval church in the North'. In Simpson,
Grant Gray (ed.), Scotland and Scandinavia, 800-1800 (Edinburgh, 1990),
38-47.

I hope this is of some use.

Best wishes
Rosemary Hayes