The right lecture is "Namnetensis" ; but, as John is saying,  we find
"Nannatensis" (2 times), which show the spelling could be  different.

I also do agree with the hypothesis of some problem occuring during the
Great Schism ; but my 2 questions are as follows :
1/ Why there is no other testimonial about Bottisham as bishop of Nantes  ?
2/ Why Nantes, whose political role as capitale of  ducal Britanny  was so
important at that moment, should have been the  suffragan see of Winchester ?

Best

ANDRE YVES BOURGES

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]