> So, why would a forger create something so obviously at variance with the
> Gospel account, and even more, why would it gain credence?

Has anyone ever suggested that it was originally an "innocent" fraud ?

By this I mean, could it have been created as a prop for a Mystery Play and
was originally known to be just that but that later it fell into the hands
of those who did not know its origin but recognised its significance and
exploited it - also innocently ?

As far as I am aware. I thought this one up for myself, but would not be
surprised if this idea has been mooted and discarded.....

Brenda.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]