This has been gone over so many times. See:

http://www.skepdic.com/shroud.html

for answers to all questions.

"According to microchemist Dr. Walter McCrone,

The suggestion that the 1532 Chambery fire changed the date of the
cloth is ludicrous. Samples for C-dating are routinely and completely
burned to CO2 as part of a well-tested purification procedure. The
suggestions that modern biological contaminants were sufficient to
modernize the date are also ridiculous. A weight of 20th century
carbon equaling nearly two times the weight of the Shroud carbon
itself would be required to change a 1st century date to the 14th
century (see <http://www.mcri.org/Shroud_graph.html>Carbon 14 graph).
Besides this, the linen cloth samples were very carefully cleaned
before analysis at each of the C-dating
laboratories.<http://www.mcri.org/Shroud.html>*"

Of course whoever made it (with red ochre) must have used a
flat-headed person for the model -- there is a lack of space at the head.

>not like we were relying on The Innernets for the Truth....

risa

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]