Dear Colleague

This message is to let you know that the deadline for your reports on
exacavation, fieldwork or other research on medieval rural settlements for
this year's MSRG Annual Report will be 30th May 2008. The Annual Report
will cover all aspects of work on medieval rural settlement in 2007. We
believe it is important that the Annual Report's coverage is as wide as
possible, and we are very grateful for your submissions.

Your reports are welcome in the form of:
(a) Short notices, up to 500 words, for the Fieldwork and Excavation
section (please head each site's report with National Grid Ref - County -
Parish - Site Name).
or
(b) Longer articles (word limit currently c.2000 words - please contact me
with any queries).
Black and white photos or line drawings are welcome for both types of
submission.

Our remit covers rural settlement, though reports on related subjects (e.g.
towns, castles, monasteries) may also be included at the editor's
discretion when they relate to rural settlements. Further information about
the MSRG is available here: www.britarch.ac.uk/msrg

I have taken over as editor this year from Carenza Lewis, so please email
your reports to me at [log in to unmask] Please email images as digital
files suitable for printing (preferably TIFFs or jpegs) (if your images are
very large CDs can be posted in envelopes marked 'MSRG Report' to: Sam
Turner, School of Historical Studies, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon
Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and best wishes,

Sam Turner
Editor, Medieval Settlement Research Group

Dr Sam Turner
School of Historical Studies
Newcastle University
NE1 7RU, UK