Hi
We've just started sending out pre-overdues, 3 days before an item is
overdue, but only by email. We decided to do this because we'd had a lot
of requests for it by customers and as we've just updated our library
catalogue pages it seemed like a good opportunity to try it out.
We've received good feedback about it so far although we have had quite
a few undeliverables some down to incorrectly typed email addresses and
some rejects - so it's worth thinking about who is going to deal with
these and what action should be taken - we send them to the home branch
so they can contact the customer and it enforces the idea that staff do
need to be careful when entering email addresses - but it is another job
to do.

http://libcat.cheshire.gov.uk/default.aspx

http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/library/

Lesley Speed