Dear All,

I am sure no intended harm is meant by those terms, it is just how one culture perceive a certain practise and thus using terms that is common to that culture.

The carefully chosen terms used by Muslim scholars are both a reflection of clear understanding to the essence of Islam and ultimately as a sign of respect to the Prophet of Allah, ???? ?????? ???????.

You find them saying

           the prophet/ messanger of Allah and not the Prophet of Islam,

           Believing in Allah and not believing in Mohammed

           the servant of Allah to warn his people and not the embodiment of Allah in acting in his creation

            The serviude of Allah according to Mohammed and not Mohammed adoration...

Kind regards

Waleed

Dear Prof. Langermann

the German compound "Mohammedglauben"  which is new to me as well and is
something that Prof. Nagel has created should under no circumstances be
equated with Mohammadanism! It stands for believing in Muhammad as a
prophet. It immediately becomes clear from reading the work "Allahs
Liebling" that this is meant and not Mohammadanism which is not in use
anymore (same with Mohammadan religion). "Allahs Liebling" is not a
biography of Muhammad (so I have to apologize to have been unclear on
this) but a work on the historical development of adoration of Muhammad,
thus the compound "Mohammedglauben" ya'ni believing in Muhammad. I have
tried to forward to you a review of these two works in the largest
German serious daily newspaper, the "Süddeutsche Zeitung" from Munich by
Prof. Peter Heine  from the Humboldt-University in Berlin. Unfortunately
I cannot forward this helpful review to the list but I hope I have made
it clear what was meant with "Mohammedglauben". Thank you for asking!

Best wishes
Andreas Drechsler

--
Dr. Andreas Drechsler
Bibl.-Rat

Bitte beachten / Please note:
Neue E-Mail-Adresse ab 10/2008 - new e-mail address from 10/2008
[Neue und alte Mail-Adresse bis dahin BEIDE gültig /
new and old address until then both valid!]

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"
- Groucho Marx

----- End forwarded message -----

The carefully chosen terms used by Muslim scholars are both a reflection of clear understanding to the essence of Islam and ultimately as a sign of respect to the Prophet of Allah, ???? ?????? ???????.

You find them saying

           the prophet/ messanger of Allah and not the Prophet of Islam,

           Believing in Allah and not believing in Mohammed

            The servitude of Allah according to Mohammed and not Mohammed adoration...

Best wishes