Our housekeepers have to do NVQs. We do not order any particular book
stock but I run training sessions (tailored to individual IT skills) on
what electronic resources are available. The last group I had ,had to do
a small project based on an area of their work and back it up with some
articles.eg stock rotation to avoid out of date items, infection
control, communication with relatives. They were very enthusiastic but
for a number this was a challenge in terms of IT skills and writing.
I would not say we made them weekly library users after they finished
their course but they still come to us when they have an information
query and they know where we are.

Carol-Ann

Carol-Ann Regan
Assistant Librarian
The Library
Musgrove Park Academy
Musgrove Park Hospital
Taunton
TA1 5DA
01823 342433

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message in error,
please notify us and remove it from your system.
Please note that the contents of this email may be subject to
disclosure under the
Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to specified exemptions.

>>> "Halfhide, Dorothy" <[log in to unmask]> 10/03/2008
16:32 >>>

Hello
I wonder if anyone’s library has experience of supporting those doing
Support Services NVQs (for ward clerks, housekeepers or porters) at
level 2 or level 3.
Our first candidate arrived in the Library this afternoon, and we
aren’t aware of any specific resources for her (though she likes the
idea of being able to write things up on a PC which is out of the
ward!)
Thanks
Dorothy

Dorothy Halfhide  MA (Hons) MA DipLib MCLIP
Library Information Services Manager
Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Laxton Library
PGMC
Thorpe Road
Peterborough
PE3 6DA

01733 874662
Fax 01733 875848

“This message may contain legally privileged, confidential, commercial
or patient information intended to be for the use of the individual(s)
or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise the sender and destroy all copies of the message as you would any
other confidential waste (shredding or incineration for printed-copies,
deletion for electronic copies).  Please note that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.”

This message may contain confidential and privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies.

Please do not disclose copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

Thank you for your co-operation.