ABSTRACTING WITH CONFIDENCE
8 MAY 2008, BIRMINGHAM
Experience the different techniques and strategies needed to scan and summarise news stories, articles, reports, textbooks and informal documents.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
* Gathering material for abstract - using signposting
* Scanning documents that have little signposting - rapid reading techniques
* Making abstracts stylish

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PROVISIONAL BOOKING
http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/libinfo/abstractingwithconfidence.htm

MANAGING OUTREACH IN HEALTH SERVICE LIBRARIES
15 MAY 2008, LONDON
Learn the tools and techniques needed to successfully manage the process of taking your health service library out into specific non-user communities.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
* Developing relationships and generating trust
* Initiating contacts and stakeholder awareness
* Organisational and personal barriers to outreach and how to overcome them

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PROVISIONAL BOOKING
http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/mp/managingoutreachinhealthservicelibraries.htm

BRANDING THE LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICE
4 JUNE 2008, LONDON
Everywhere we look we see brands, logos and the vestiges of corporate identity. Our users live in a branded world - but how much consideration do we give the library brand?

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
* What is 'branding' and why is it important?
* The service - one size does not fit all
* Why looks do matter

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PROVISIONAL BOOKING
http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/mp/brandingthelibraryandinformationservice.htm

CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL COURSES BY MONTH: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/browse2008coursesbymonth.htm