THE KEYS TO TIME: WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT IN THE 21ST CENTURY CAREER DEVELOPMENT GROUP UK NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2008

Cardiff City Hall, Monday 28th April 2008

As a worryingly large proportion of today's leaders and managers look forward to their retirement, how do we assure the future of the profession within our own organisations? How do we ensure that the mantle is passed on to a highly skilled workforce ready for the challenges they will face in the 21st century?

PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY - 9.45am -3.15pm

Morning:

Professionalism: who knows what you do? Lyndsay Rees-Jones, Senior Advisor, Membership Support Unit, CILIP

Supporting professional learning and development in an integrated Information Services Division Liz Jolly, Associate Director, Information Services Division, University of Salford

Establish your worth and prove your value - making a case for Library professionals Richard Beveridge, Director of Library Services, Tribal Group

Afternoon:

Competency based interviews - Getting it right

Laura Perrott, Consultant, Sue Hill Recruitment

Storyboarding: How to Plan for an E-Learning Module Lori Havard, Subject Librarian, University of Swansea

SPONSORED BY Sue Hill Recruitment

AGM

Two events for the price of one! The Conference is followed by further refreshments and our AGM, a free event which will take place from 3.30pm, and a talk given by Dr Judith Broady-Preston, Leader of the new CILIP Council. To finish by around 4.30pm.

WHERE?

Cardiff City Hall, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3ND
For maps and travel directions please see: <http://www.cardiffcityhall.com/CH_location_e.htm>

Artsline Access Code: W

DELEGATE RATE

CDG members - £70 + 17.5% VAT = £82.25
Non members - £90 + 17.5% VAT = £105.75
Students & Unwaged - £50 + 17.5% VAT = £58.75 (limited places available)

Delegate rate includes refreshments and buffet lunch.

For further details or to make a booking please send the Booking Form (below) to:

Viki Lagus, Jarrow Library, Cambrian Street, Jarrow, Tyne and Wear, NE32 3QN
Tel 0191 428 2318   Email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

BOOKING FORM

Please return this form by Monday 14th April 2008.

Name

Position

Organisation

Address

Postcode

Tel

Email

Special access or dietary requirements

I enclose a cheque / I wish to be invoiced *    (*delete as appropriate)

Please make cheques payable to the Career Development Group

Name and address (if different)

Invoice Reference number (this helps us a lot)

Member of CDG     Yes / No

CILIP membership number

PLEASE NOTE
Cancellation after Monday 21st April will incur the full cost of this event, unless a substitute can be found from the same organisation.

Viki Lagus

Community Development Librarian (Branches)
South Tyneside Libraries
Jarrow Library, Cambrian Street
Jarrow. NE32 3QN.
ENGLAND.

Telephone 0191 428 2318
Fax         0191 428 6227
Email  [log in to unmask]

Please do not print this e-mail if you can help it - and help protect the environment.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the named recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and delete from your system, you are not permitted to disseminate, store, disclose or copy.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as they could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses and therefore the Council accept no liability for any such errors or omissions.
Views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council.
South Tyneside Council, Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 2RL, Tel: 0191 427 1717, Website: www.southtyneside.info <http://www.southtyneside.info/>

The Council's web site address is www.southtyneside.info <http://www.southtyneside.info/>