Hi Colin,

We get stat from the e-reserves part of Web management reports based on day or publisher - we put in a publisher code for all attached pdfs, or links.
Niamh

________________________________

From: This list is for current and potential users of the Innopac system on behalf of Colin Sinclair
Sent: Thu 13/03/2008 13:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Media management vs. 856.

As previously reported, Stirling uses media management for a number of things, including PDFs of dissertations. In reviewing processes, I'm looking at what we do with these.

Does anyone know what the advantages are (if any) of using the Link URL function in media management over using the 856 tag in the bib records? I had hoped it would provide use stats via the Web Management reports, but this seems not to be the case.

Import URL has the issue of saving files to the Innovative server.

Colin.
Colin Sinclair
Head of Bibliographic Services
University of Stirling
STIRLING
FK9 4LA
Tel: 01786 467218
Fax: 01786 466866
email: [log in to unmask]

The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA. Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to anyone and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

The information transmitted is the property of Institute of Technology, Tallaght.

It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or accidentally corrupted

or intercepted.  For this reason, where the communication is by email,

Institute of Technology Tallaght does not accept any responsibility for any breach

of confidence which may arise through the use of this medium. Institute of Technology

Tallaght sweeps emails for computer viruses known to it at the date of transmission.