Hi Lesha

Just to wish you all the best in your new post and special thanks for both your
parting "gift" and your generous advice over the past years.

Quoting "Fossey, Lesha" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Dear all
>
> We have been Beta testing R2007 since the latter half of last week.
> Obviously with the long weekend and few students around we haven't
> necessarily been able to rigorously test all aspects of it, but you'll
> not be surprised to learn I was particularly interested in testing the
> Materials Bookings funtionality, in particular its interaction with
> self-issue ;-)
>
> The good news is, as far as I can ascertain, IT WORKS!
>
> The old problem whereby a future booking used to block a self service
> checkout (even if the checkout would not impinge on the future booking
> at all) has gone. The only checkouts blocked are ones where the normal
> loan period as calculated by the loan rule would go beyond the start of
> the other patron's booking.
>
> Another previous problem (patron A had booking. Patron B had booking
> straight afterwards. Patron A self-checked out during their booking
> time. Item was checked out for whole loan period as per loanrule, even
> if that overrode the start of B's booking) has also been resolved.
> Basically, now if someone self-issues an item upon which they have a
> booking, during the booking time, they get the item until their Booking
> End Time, and not the loan period as calculated by the loan rule.
>
> In summary, the amount of staff intervention should be considerably
> reduced, and I have not been able to make the self service machines
> check out something they shouldn't, or override another patron's
> booking. Hurrah!
>
> I just wanted to give those of you using Bookings something to look
> forward to with R2007. It's sort of a parting "gift", as it's my last
> day working at Exeter Uni this coming Friday! I'm going to be Library &
> Archives Manager for the Met Office here in Exeter from 7th April, so
> it's pastures new for me. This list has been so much help to me in this
> post, and I've met some fantastic colleagues at the EIUG conferences and
> various meetings. Thanks everyone!
>
> Byeee!
>
> Lesha
>
> --
> --------------------------
> Lesha Fossey MA MCLIP
> Head of Library Services
> University of Exeter
> Stocker Road
> Exeter EX4 4PT
>
> Tel:  01392 263878
> Fax:  01392 263871
> E:    [log in to unmask]

Regards

Sheila Smart
Library Systems Co-ordinator
University of St Andrews Library
North Street
St Andrews
Fife  KY16 9TR

Tel: 01334 462316

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland:
No SC013532.

University of St Andrews Webmail: https://webmail.st-andrews.ac.uk