> From: Stevan Harnad
[...]
> (3) Do you really believe that in the online age, any prefabricated
> classification system could ever beat boolean full-text search?

Depends.  How much automation am I allowed to have in my prefabrication, how often can I update it, and at *exactly* which task(s) am I supposed to beat Boolean full-text search?  I can conceive of tasks at which dynamically-generated classification systems can beat text search, but these systems certainly aren't of the coarse grain of Dewey or LCC and I wouldn't expect humans to enter or update the terms.

                - Peter