Stephen Downes wrote:
> Stevan Harnad wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Stephen Downes wrote:
>>
>>> My own preference has always leaned toward personal repositories.
>>
>> So did mine -- way back in 1994:
>> http://www.arl.org/sc/subversive/i-overture-the-subversive-proposal.shtml
>>
>> The ensuing years -- and mutating strategies -- came and went, however,
>> without substantial progress, until mandated IRs finally proved to
>> work. Time now to apply that lesson, rather then keep waiting for one's
>> preferences to prevail...
> Hm. And in the same time period, 100 million people created blogs.
>
> I think we're each going with what works, in our own way.

The interesting question is how many of those 100 million blogs are
still maintained? If it's 10 to 15% (and I remember seeing something a
while back that indicated that most blogs are abandoned), it raises the
interesting question "Do we only ever get 15% in *anything*?"

(please, godess, let me be wrong!)