*Apologies for cross-posting*

Conference: Agendas for research in modern languages
Date: 25 April 2008
Venue: British Academy, London

During 2006 the AHRC commissioned a Review into Modern Language Research undertaken by the Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies and the University Council of Modern Languages. The Review concluded that research in Modern Languages in UK HEIs is in remarkably good health.

Beginning with a presentation of the Review from Professors Michael Kelly and Roger Woods, this major strategic event will examine new and continuing agendas for research in Modern Languages, considering the impact of a changing support base; how we can raise the international profile of UK research; and how we can continue to make an impact through publications and the utilisation of new research methods.

More information, a programme and registration details are available here: http://www.llas.ac.uk/events/llaseventitem.aspx?resourceid=2923

Please note that there is no charge for employees and postgraduate students of publicly funded UK educational institutions. The fee for employees and postgraduate students of private institutions/organisations and non-UK institutions is £40.00. (We reserve the right to charge a £20.00 non-attendance fee).

Please circulate this announcement widely.

---
Dr Shoshannah Holdom
Academic Coordinator
Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies,
School of Humanities (65A Crawford Building, Rm 3011),
University of Southampton,
Highfield,
Southampton SO17 1BJ
Tel: 02380 599637
Fax: 02380 594815
http://www.llas.ac.uk/

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html