Morning John

            I agree the HIA Gateway website would be most useful in facilitating client / practitioner relations, will aid in supporting new and emerging practitioners while also increasing opportunities for competitive tenders.

This is not only beneficial to clients in that it allows them to review the current skills base and target invitation to tenders accordingly, but will also help in further evolving HIA. I say this as new practitioners and more competitive tenders not only promote innovation but also drive more cost effective HIA. Both are vital to the further mainstreaming of HIA.

The two key sections I would suggest include:

HIA Practitioner Data base

I don’t recommend it to be too detailed; at most it should include the following information:

This provides a balance of the minimum level of information a client need to identify potential service providers and the minimum maintenance effort.

The latter point is important, in that you don’t want to have to commit too many resources to maintain this.

I also recommend you consult someone on any legal / liability implications from posting such a database and give some though on an appropriate caveat that states that you do not vouch for the people / organisations presented in this data base.

HIA Invitation to Tender

The other approach is to provide a page to advertise HIA tenders. Although beneficial and complementary to the HIA practitioner data base, it should not be seen as an alternative. Displaying invitation to tenders will require more frequent update, will not support new and emerging practitioners, nor will it provide potential clients the opportunity to target appropriate practitioners.

John, I hope this is of use.

All my best

Andrew

Andrew Buroni